1.23.2008

Back in the States, Part II; or, Holy Hell! What Easy Classes I Have!

Dear Blog Reader,

Here comes part 2 of my Panama experience. This edition comes after meeting with the Panama Boys at Local Pub for some drinks and burgers. Yum. Now allie is a bit tipsy. Please forgive her.

So, if I hadn't mentioned it enough in previous entries... Panama was fucking awesome. And Grace is right. I wouldn't be able to explain the full awesomeness of it unless you gave me approximately three hours and bought me a pitcher of Spotted Cow at Local Pub. Until then, thou shalt never know.

But for all you busy-bodies... here's the super condensed, Cliff-Notes version:

We spent most of our time in Gamboa, a small town in the canal zone. From there, we were able to travel into the rain forest quite easily. That's where we saw the howler monkey I showed a picture of in my previous post. Also, we went up into the canopy crane in the Parque Natural Metropolitano. Here's a super-cool picture!!


So, you get in a little basket. This basket is hoisted up the crane, then out to the tippy-tippy end. Then you see awesome stuff! Like this sloth!


That was probably the best thing about Gamboa. Spider sampling was pretty sweet, too. Pictures coming with Part III. After spending about a week, we headed off to Bocas del Toro....


Yeah! That's our plane!

Ok, I'm going to stop tipsy-blogging.

Do not fret. I will have plenty of time to blog these next couple months. I have no homework. Ever. What?

love, allie

PS - I hate Miley Cyrus! Sorry CL, M and Grace!

5 comments:

une fille said...

i love miley!! will wake you up to that song tomorrow! :)

also, friends don't let friends listen to nickleback OR drunk blog. so that you know awink!

Anonymous said...

haha i know. that song is just so fun tho!

nicole antoinette said...

Haha, the reason I love drunk blogging is because you wind up throwing in random things, a la "I hate Miley Cyrus."

Virginia said...

Haha drunk blogging is awesome. I never seem to make it to the end of a post, though, and then edit it again too much in the morning. Sad.

And I am wicked jealous of your trip! I need to get out of Ohio NOW.

Jamie Lovely said...

Ew Miley! Her voice is gross!

Sounds like a great time! What is spider sampling?