10.25.2007

All I need in life

Well, I took the GRE yesterday*. The weird thing about the GRE is that, since it's entirely computer-based, you receive your scores instantly. I know, it's so convenient, and you don't have to worry that you won't get your scores in time, but for me that was the scariest part of the whole damn thing. Turns out I did... ok. Yep, just ok. To clarify - for me, "ok" means that I don't have to worry about not getting into grad school based on these scores... but they're not as high as I'd like. Maybe it has to do with my bringing up. I'm simply not satisfied with being merely average. Check that. I'm not satisfied with being merely above average. I need to work on this pesky perfectionist complex. Damn it.

Now I've just got the rest of the application process for grad schools ahead of me. And that's quite a task in itself. Any suggestions?

In other news, the bf was extremely nice to me all day yesterday even when I freaked out about my merely above-average score. What a nice guy. Plus, I figured out all it takes to make me happy! Here's the short list:

  • pizza (preferably Papa Murphy's... mmm, home-baked)
  • beer - andI got the good stuff, Hoegaarden (which, I learned recently is pronounced "who-garden" not "hoe-garden", FYI)
  • chocolate truffles
  • caramel apple
love, allie
______________________________________________________

*"yesterday" in the section above actually refers to Wednesday, not actually yesterday yesterday. Finishing the post took longer than I thought. oops!

1 comment:

une fille said...

i like how you only need food to be happy. whereas i could use a shopping trip. obvi you know where it's at