11.12.2007

Back home...

Well, I'm back from Chicago... I have to say I really had a good time with my mom. Here's a quick recap in pictures:

Friday:

After a very traffic-jammed drive to Chicago, my mom and I first hit up Pegasus restaurant. They say it's the best Greek restaurant in Chicago, and they are right.



After dinner and a little rest back at the hotel room, we down to Rush Street and caught a jazz show at the Backroom


I'm pretty sure that was the swankiest place I've ever been to. If you're in the area, check it out. They have shows every night... but it's a bit pricey.

Saturday:

The morning didn't really start for us until about 10am after being out late. But we went out to Michigan Avenue as soon as we got going. That place was crowded, as usual. But it's fun to be all touristy sometimes. Besides, I made some great purchases, such as...



...earmuffs from j.crew...


...perfume from Sephora...

...and a sweater from the Limited, a shirt from United Colors of Benetton, boots and a coat from Nine West, a clutch from j.crew. Yes, I did good.

Saturday night we were exhausted from shopping, so we had an amazing dinner at Smith and Wollensky steakhouse downtown. Unfortunately, we couldn't get dinner reservations until 8:45. Fortunately, we went over to Dominic's grocery before hand and got some cheese, bread, and a bottle of wine.


Finally we got to the restaurant. Their food was excellent. Mmmm... my dinner consisted of French onion soup, some zinfandel, a 10oz. filet mignon, some steamed asparagus with hollandaise sauce, and coconut sorbet for dessert. Go there. It's great.


Sunday:

Again, didn't wake up until late morning. This time, we traveled out of the city to Woodfield Mall. We did just a bit more shopping, before it was time to head home.



So that was my trip.

Now I'm back at school.

The rest of my week:

Classes. Work.

Boo.

love, allie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S MY PERFUME!!! *sigh* I can't live without that stuff. I'm on my 3rd bottle